Porcini Pepperleaf Pate
Amazing rich & earthy flavours of the forest floor spiced with Australia’s Native pepperleaf, great with crackers or slices of baguette toasted with good extra virgin olive oil. Spoon over grilled steak or chicken, or fold through pasta for a great meal.
- 1 small onion (75g) peeled & quartered
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 dsp (25g) butter
- 10g dried porcini mushrooms, crumbled
- 150g water (or red wine)
- 250g “open” field mushrooms, (or swiss browns) - sliced
- ½ tsp fresh chopped thyme
- ½ tsp fresh chopped rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- 200g cream cheese
- 1 tsp Tuckeroo dried native pepperleaf (or fresh ground black pepper)
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
Drop the onion and garlic onto the spinning blades on high speed to chop for a few seconds
Add the butter, scrape down and cook on Varoma for 4 mins. on speed 1.
Add and cook the porcini and water at 100 deg C on speed 2 for 2-3 mins.
Add and cook the field mushrooms, thyme, rosemary and salt at 100 deg C on speed 1 for 8 mins. Pulse at high speed for a few seconds to puree finely. Remove the lid, allow to cool to room temp.
Add cream cheese, pepperleaf and Dijon mustard and pulse at high speed for a few seconds to puree finely. Scrape down and puree again to make a smooth mix. Allow to cool completely.
The pate can be sealed in ramequins with a thin layer of pepperleaf infused melted butter.