COVID Safety at Tasting Australia
The objective of our COVID Safe guidelines is to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of patrons, staff, contractors, volunteers and our community. Please help us in our endeavour by following COVID Safe practices when attending any Tasting Australia event.
Tasting Australia will monitor current COVID-19 restrictions posted by SA Health and align to any changes (if required).
All messaging will be communicated via our website, social media, and signage on site at locations. COVID Safe messages may be delivered verbally before, during and after events. Listen out for information and follow the directions.
Event sites will maintain a high standard of cleaning including high touch point cleaning to reduce COVID risk.
To find out more about COVID-19, please visit Frequently asked questions | SA Health.
Patron Code of Conduct
- Check the vaccination requirements of the event you are attending on the Tasting Australia website. If vaccination is required in order to attend, you may need to provide relevant vaccination evidence (see vaccination section for evidence requirements).
- Stay home if you have tested positive and are in isolation or are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell and get tested: Testing and tracing | SA Health. Please do not attend any Tasting Australia event until you are completely well and have a negative test result.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes, kisses and hugs.
- Avoid crowded places. If an area seems congested stay away from that area or physically distance from others.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitisers that are available at event sites.
- Cover coughs or sneezes to stop the spread of germs that can make you and others sick.
- Consider wearing a mask in areas of congestion where physical distancing is not possible.
Tasting Australia patrons may be required to show one of the below upon entry into a venue as evidence of a vaccination status:
- COVID-19 digital certificate displayed on the MySAGOV app on your smart device
- A printed copy of your COVID-19 digital certificate with government issued photo identification
- Official medical exemption from COVID-19 vaccination approved by the Chief Public Health Officer with government issued photo identification.
Upon modification or cancellation, the Event organisers will (where required and appropriate):
- Provide advice of the modification or cancellation on the Tasting Australia website
- Communicate through other available channels where practical
- If the event's cancellation is due to COVID related reasons, ticket holders will automatically receive a refund. Ticket holders will not need to request a refund and all refunds will be processed in 7-10 days. Ticket holders will receive a confirmation email when the refund is processed.