South Australia, we’ve missed you! Just in time for the long weekend, local businesses have been busy preparing for your arrival to welcome you back into the regions.
If you’re planning a weekend getaway or a day-trip adventure, there are so many ways you can help #SupportLocal within the hospitality industry while you’re passing by. Whether it be dropping into a local bakery, grabbing a takeaway coffee from a café, or indulging at some of the state’s best restaurants and cellar doors, there are plenty of ways to send your taste buds on an adventure too!
Whichever beautiful SA region you’re heading to, here’s a handy guide on some of the restaurants, wineries, café’s and breweries that have their doors open just waiting for your arrival!
TIP: To avoid disappointment, call ahead and book in a time to visit as there will be limited spaces available.
Whether you're sitting down for a long lunch or fine wining and dining, taste some of Australia’s best cool-climate wines, food and produce, straight from nature’s top shelf in the Adelaide Hills.
- Hardy’s Verandah Restaurant – Now open for dinner reservations and Sunday lunches (bookings apply)
- Shaw and Smith – Now open
- Inglewood Inn – Open from Wednesday 3rd June
- Lot 100 – Open from Thursday 4th June
- Ambleside Distillers - Open from Thursday 4th June
- The Lane Vineyard – Open from Friday 5th June
Located forty minutes South of Adelaide, the Fleurieu Peninsula offers some of South Australia's finest coastal, scenic and culinary experiences.
- Star of Greece – Now open from Fridays through to Mondays
- Salopian Inn – Now open
- Shifty Lizard Brewing - Open from Thursday 4th June
- d'Arry's Verandah Restaurant - Open from Thursday 4th June
- Serafino Wines - Open from Friday 5th June
- Coriole - Open from Friday 5th June
- Red Poles – Open from Saturday 6th June
- Alpha Box & Dice - Open from Saturday 6th June
Murray River Lakes and Coorong
Enjoy fresh produce, gourmet cheeses, cured meats, fresh fruit, vegetables and a range of mouth-watering smallgoods along the Murray River, Lakes and Coorong.
- Pretoria Hotel – Now open
- Mojos in the Marketplace – Now open
- Coorong Brewing Co - Open from Friday 5th June
Five-star wineries are scattered throughout the Clare Valley and it also has an excellent range of dining options making in an emerging gourmet food location.
- Umbria Rustic Italian Restaurant – Now open for lunch
- Skillogalee Winery & Restaurant – Now open
- Mr Mick Cellar Door & Kitchen – Now open
- O'Leary Walker Wines - Open from Friday 5th June
Flinders Ranges and Outback
Unique cuisine, iconic pub food and local wine await in the Flinders Ranges and Outback.
- Aust Arid Lands Botanic Garden – Now open
- The Woolshed Restaurant at Rawnsley Park – Open for takeaway only
No matter what tickles your tastebuds, you're guaranteed to find something that will whet your appetite on the Yorke Peninsula.
- Watsacowie Brewing Co. – Open for takeaway from Wednesdays – Sundays
- Cafe Capella's – Now open
- Barley Stacks Wines – Now open
The dining scene on Kangaroo Island is local, seasonal, boutique, artisan and always close to its source.
- Kangaroo Island Spirits – Open from Thursday 4th June
- Cactus Kangaroo Island – Now Open
- Ozone Hotel Kangaroo Island – Now Open
- Dudley Wines – Now Open
The Riverland is home to fantastic wineries and distilleries and has friendly local pubs and small riverbank cafes.
- Twenty Third Street Distillery – Now open
- Renmark Club – Now open
- Mallee Estate Wines – Open from Friday 5th June
- Caudo Vineyard - Open from Friday 5th June
Less than an hour’s drive from Adelaide, the Barossa region is South Australia’s gourmet capital and is home to some of the best wines in the world.
- FINO at Seppeltsfield – Open from Saturday 6th June
- Henschke Cellars – Now open
- Barossa Chateau Café – Now open
- Red Door Espresso – Now open
- Barossa Valley Chocolate Company - Now open
Sip and savour delicious food and wine all around the Limestone Coast. The Coonawarra wine region is home to some of Australia’s best cellar doors, where you can try unique wines paired with a delicious range of local food.
- Mayura Station – Now open
- Katnook Coonawarra Cellar Door – Now open
- The Barn Steakhouse – Now open
- Cape Jaffa Wines - Open from Friday 5th June
For more food & beverage options in the Limestone Coast, click here.
Sink your teeth into the Eyre Peninsula’s legendary oysters and freshly-caught seafood at pubs, restaurants and bars, all accompanied by five star ocean views.
- Sarin’s Restaurant & Bar – Now open
- Del Giorno’s Café Restaurant – Now open
- The Pink Door Co – Now open
- The Rouge and Rascal – Now open