Third in the world for a chef under the age of 30.
Hentley Farm head chef Lachlan Colwill’s credentials are impressive.
A Barossa boy originally, he has worked in Salters and 1918 and trained at top restaurants around the world. In his four years at Adelaide’s dining institution, The Manse, he guided it to new heights, being awarded the Best Fine Dining Restaurant three years running (from 2008-2010), as well as the Best Restaurant and Best Chef awards in 2010 in the SA Restaurant and Catering awards.
In 2009 his personal talent was put beyond question when he won the national La Chaine des Rotisseurs Chef Competition, went on to represent Australia in the international competition in New York, and placed third in the world.
Since opening the restaurant at Hentley Farm in May 2012, Lachlan is very humbled to have been awarded
- South Australia’s ‘Restaurant of the Year’ in the 2013 & 2016 Advertiser Food Awards.
- Awarded ‘Four Forks’ in The Advertiser Food Guide 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017.
- ‘Best Regional Restaurant’ in 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016, and ‘Best Regional Restaurant in a Winery’ in 2017, for the Advertiser Food Awards.
- ‘Best Restaurant in a Winery’ category at the SA Restaurant & Catering Awards, 2014, 2015 & 2017, and awarded Silver in the National level, 2017
- Named ‘Best New Restaurant’ at the SA Restaurant & Catering Awards 2013.
- Ranked in Gourmet Traveller’s ‘Top 100 Restaurants’ in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018.
- ‘Two Hat’ Winner, Good Food Guide 2018.
Lachlan is a strong believer that good hospitality can help make the world a better place and through the restaurants connection with Relais & Chateaux they aim to showcase an experience that expresses exactly this to Hentley Farm guests, and hopefully inspire others to think the same.