COVID Safety at Tasting Australia
The objective of our COVID Safe guidelines is to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of patrons, staff, contractors, volunteers and our community. Please help us in our endeavour by following COVID Safe practices when attending any Tasting Australia event.
Tasting Australia will monitor current COVID-19 restrictions posted by SA Health and information contained within COVID Plans will be updated to align to any changes (if required).
All messaging will be communicated via our website, social media, and signage on site at locations. COVID Safe messages may be delivered verbally before, during and after events. Listen out for information and follow the directions. If you have any questions, look out for COVID Marshals.
Event sites will maintain a high standard of cleaning including high touch point cleaning to reduce COVID risk.
To find out more about COVID-19, please visit Frequently asked questions | SA Health.
Patron Code of Conduct
- Stay home if you are unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or loss of taste or smell and get tested: Testing and tracing | SA Health. Please do not attend any Tasting Australia event until you are completely well and have a negative test result.
- Maintain physical distancing from people outside you core social group. Keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
- Avoid physical greetings such as handshakes, kisses and hugs.
- Avoid crowded places. If an area seems congested stay away from that area.
- Practice good hand hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water and use hand sanitisers that are available at event sites.
- Cover coughs or sneezes to stop the spread of germs that can make you and others sick.
- Follow the instructions of COVID Marshals and signage when attending any Tasting Australia event.
COVID SAfe Check In
Ensure you scan the COVID SAfe Check In when entering an event site and show proof of scan to our event staff when requested. Please talk to staff/COVID Marshals if you cannot scan so that a paper contact tracing form that can be used. Please check in each time you enter an event site. Any person not providing their contact tracing details may be refused entry.
Events may be ticketed where required to ensure capacity requirements are managed effectively. For ticketed events attendees are still required to complete a COVID SAfe Check In when entering the event site to capture contact tracing requirements.
Where event sites do not involve ticketing, capacity requirements will be maintained through monitoring of people entering and exiting the site.
Each event site will have COVID Marshal(s) to monitor the existing site COVID Safe plans. All attendees will be required to follow instructions of COVID Marshals. If a COVID Marshal requires assistance to manage an issue they will be assisted by the management team for the site where practicable. A significant issue may require SA Police to be called.
- All sales at Town Square will be cashless.
- Food Vendor menus will be available to view via the Tasting Australia website to assist in reducing crowding at Vendor locations.
A COVID Management Plan (CMP) will be in place for the event. This plan outlines the safety strategies that will be implemented to manage the risk of COVID-19. Safety strategies are based on the following principles:
- Density – ensuring space accommodates current COVID directions
- Distancing – providing adequate space for people to be able to physically distance from one another
- Contact Tracing – providing means for capturing contact details for people attending
The plan also describes the management of COVID-19 operational control standards that include:
- Staff and patron health and wellbeing
- Hygiene and cleaning
- Public health education/information
- Food and beverage service
- Non-compliance and incident management
Any decision to cancel the event (or parts of) will be made by the Executive Director Events South Australia and Event Manager in consultation with key stakeholders.
Upon modification or cancellation, the Event organisers will (where required and appropriate):
- Provide advice of the modification or cancellation on the Tasting Australia website
- Communicate through other available channels where practical